NOT COMFORTABLE
By kfd1 on
2012 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)
The long distance comfort of this car is of serious concern. I bought this car and took a 900 mile trip a day later. Three hours into trip, my back was screaming in pain. By the end of trip, I was incapacited, with shooting pains in legs, back and arms. I am a long distance driver and convinced the Hyundia Dealer to buy the car back after showing them the articles on Autoblog about the seats (google Equus Long Distance). The dealer purchase a Lexus LS460 (14,000 miles) and I traded up. I just completed a 600 mile trip in the Lexus. No back pain or any other pain. The front seats in the Equus are poorly designed. No way to modify them, I tried and even had a pad made with memory foam.
Favorite Features
Great suspension, corrective cruise works sweet, lane assist is great. This car is "eye candy"
Suggested Improvements
Front seats are very uncomfortable. Because they are so crammed with massage, air and heat, their is no way to modify them without lossing function. The Stereo wasn't blue tooth compatible that I could figure out.
By jfred
on 11/11/11 10:39 AM (PST)

Something wrong here. I smell something-- are we in Denmark? I have owned many cars in my 82 years- and there is nothing wrong with these seats. The most comfortable I have ever had was my Phaeton W12. These are close. With all the adjustments, I simply don't understand this comment. I have had 2 back surgeries and some arthritis at the moment, so I am easily turned off by bad seats.

By sushibricks
on 11/16/11 08:48 AM (PST)

This is definitely a lexus salesman. His stating that the seats were not modifiable is a complete scam. My dad has driven long distances in this car, and did not have a problem. His chauffeur drives it all day long for my parents and does not have a problem.

By dentish
on 05/10/13 23:08 PM (PDT)

I own the Equus Signature and find the front seats very UNCOMFORTABLE. There is something bizarre about the way the seat is padded or strung. It is actually painful on my bum. I feel like I am on a bleacher with no padding or some odd kind of sling. I have 4 other cars right now, and I just sat in all of them.No problems at all. I get in the Equus and -BAM- bum discomfort. I cannot tell if this is lack of padding or hitting the frame rails. I am 6'0", 230#. The most significant thing is that I have never had any trouble in any other car/minivan/truck or sports car. I am not talking about seat geometry or angle. I am talking simply physics of a backside on a cushion. There is something really wrong here. I am never buying a Lexus, so get that out of your heads. I don't drink cool-aid and I intensely dislike Toyota and Toyota owners. I could really use a fix here. If I can't make this Equus work, I am out of luck. I will never own another MB, too unreliable. Same for BMW. No Toyota or Datsun (yeah-Datsun). What's left? HYUNDAI ARE YOU LISTENING?

By madraven
on 11/25/11 06:14 AM (PST)

Not sure on two accounts. I found the front seat one of the most comfortable i have ever sat in. The cool butt only enhances that as well. The lumbar pressure ball makes for a nice option when driving long distance. Additionally, I have the 2011 ultimate and the blue tooth is working for me and have used it several times.