Top of the line luxury at a fraction of the cost
By peteranger on
2012 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)
I traded in my BMW 745i for the 2011 Hyundai Signature Series Equus, and apart from some irritating aspects of the i-pod and navigation systems, I'm delighted with the smooth, comfortable, QUIET! ride of this luxury ride. To boot, I get 27+ mpg on the highway and 20 mpg overall using regular gas, and the valet service, where the Hyundai dealer delivers a loaner Equus to my house when picking up mine for service is a major plus. The exterior will remind you of the top of the line Lexus, and the interior is similar to the S600 series Benz (the suede like head liner, analog clock in the dash, etc.). Compare sticker prices with the competition and you'll be astounded at the savings.
Favorite Features
Audio System sound, massaging front seats, quiet ride, suede head liner, Sirius XM implementation, storage compartment for cell phone and/or i-pod, adaptive cruise control, rear view camera and sensor system, rear and side window shades, keyless entry and ignition, analog clock, uses regular gas, spacious trunk, and substantial leg and head room for 6 footers both front and rear. This car is a limosine!
Suggested Improvements
By all means improve the USB flash drive interface for the audio system to a) work faster and b) deal with larger music collections. This system has promise and works well if you carry your favorites only on a USB flash drive. For large music collections (mine is 30GB), this system is painfully slow. The i-pod interface can deal with my 160GB classic, but poorly. It scrolls only one page of 8 entries at a time. You can get carpal tunnel trying to scroll through song titles to say, Stardust - assuming you don't die of old age first. A Search feature is a must! Now Playing doesn't work and you can't pop into the album or artist for the song playing in Random mode. (works in USB mode)