2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:
Defective engine
By ted2332 on 05/23/13 07:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

At little over a year, performance and gas mileage began to deteriorate. Next, an engine knocking became increasingly loud.no check engine or oil pressure light warning. Dealer found oil 3 quarts low-- suspect that the engine had already been damaged..on investigation, this is a systemic problem which Hyundai Equus and Genesis with the same engine share. Hyundai does not appear ready to own up to the defective engine which occurred with the higher horse powered 2012. Major blow in their aspirations to compete as a luxury brand

Top of the line luxury at a fraction of the cost
By peteranger on 07/09/12 10:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I traded in my BMW 745i for the 2011 Hyundai Signature Series Equus, and apart from some irritating aspects of the i-pod and navigation systems, I'm delighted with the smooth, comfortable, QUIET! ride of this luxury ride. To boot, I get 27+ mpg on the highway and 20 mpg overall using regular gas, and the valet service, where the Hyundai dealer delivers a loaner Equus to my house when picking up mine for service is a major plus. The exterior will remind you of the top of the line Lexus, and the interior is similar to the S600 series Benz (the suede like head liner, analog clock in the dash, etc.). Compare sticker prices with the competition and you'll be astounded at the savings.

Most Enjoyable Car I Ever Owned!!
By markie7 on 02/03/12 18:54 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Very luxurious vehicle. Solid smooth ride. Floats on the highway like being in a cloud. I fell safe, encapsulated from the noisy world, and most of all, feel extremely pampered from the moment I step inside. Very quick for a big sedan. Great displayes, comfy seats, and intuitive navi systems. All luxury features in competing car manufacturers are here, but for less money. But, let us be real: $60K is still alot of money. But, nice things cost money. However, the value for dollar is stronger in this product than the others. Also, there is some exclusivity. Most people are still eyeing the equus. Everyone (and their mother) have BMWs and the like. Be different! Stand out! Enjoy the ride.

Equus - 2012 with a bigger engine
By kabirent1 on 12/11/11 22:01 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Just got my 2012 Equus yesterday. I was on a waiting list. I am a little skeptical of reviewers who got it weeks ago - how did they get the car when mine was one of the first off the boat from Korea? Anyways, the car, after 2 days is a lot of fun and seems to be a great value. It rides a little on the soft side, but with the new, more powerful engine, its acceleration is strong. Its exceedingly quiet, roomy, comfortable, and has a long list of features. The promised support seems to be very nice - time will tell if that turns out to be truth or hype. In short, if you are looking for a luxurious ride, don't need to impress anyone , and want to save big $$, this is worth a look.

My new Equus- 2012 model
By jfred on 11/08/11 12:45 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have just had the car a short time and I held out for the 2012 model due to vastly improved engine and transmission. (429 HP and 8 speed). I haven't opened it up yet, but it obviously has worlds of power. 0 to 60 probably near 5 secs. It is ultra quiet and very comfortable. The seat has many adjustments and the control for same is very handy. It is priced many thousands (20 to 35K) less than M-B S series, BMW 7 series, or the big Lexus, or Audi A8. Go drive it and see for yourself!r Audi A8 to 30K) less than any equivalent car from BMW, M-B,

NOT COMFORTABLE
By kfd1 on 10/25/11 10:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

The long distance comfort of this car is of serious concern. I bought this car and took a 900 mile trip a day later. Three hours into trip, my back was screaming in pain. By the end of trip, I was incapacited, with shooting pains in legs, back and arms. I am a long distance driver and convinced the Hyundia Dealer to buy the car back after showing them the articles on Autoblog about the seats (google Equus Long Distance). The dealer purchase a Lexus LS460 (14,000 miles) and I traded up. I just completed a 600 mile trip in the Lexus. No back pain or any other pain. The front seats in the Equus are poorly designed. No way to modify them, I tried and even had a pad made with memory foam.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Equus Sedan in WA is:

$157 per month*