Amazing car & incredible price
By phil109 on
2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
I was on my way to buy another S class Mercedes when I hear about the Equus. Try one signature then bought an Ultimate two days after. The car had all details and options you can find on a Mercedes or Bmw, but more convenient, more smooth and more useful, all for a better price. Driving this car is as easy as possible, my only concern will be braking distances who tend to be a little bit longer than on my previous car. I was stunned by the 5y/60.000 miles valet service/maintenance program, a big change from the $400 Mercedes oil change. My local Mercedes dealer have mostly arrogants sales people, I was treated in a better way when I bought the Equus.
Favorite Features
Silence, comfort, the seats, intelligent cruise control, sound system, navigation, voice control commands, all the features inside. I like the look, it's sober. Don't care about people bashing Hyundai, my former S600 mercedes spend more time in the shop than on the road, I believe this one will be more reliable.My daughter loves the mini fridge.
Suggested Improvements
A better braking system (brembo or similar), maybe a nicest grille.
By phil109
on 05/15/12 06:45 AM (PDT)

Update after one year of ownership and 17000 miles driving. This is a great car. Some minor problems were handled in an efficient way by the local dealer. The 5* valet service is something magnificient. I don't anymore have to deal with Mercedes poor and expensive maintenance program, where they always try to add up some when you are waiting hours to have your car ready and billed up to $800 for oil change and an air filter (sic). I went to Colorado (900 miles trip) and get out of the car not even tired. Silence and comfort are the top. The only thing bothering me is to have constantly answering people what kind of car this is...Certainly the best car I've ever bought.