2011 Hyundai Equus Consumer Review: 2011 Ultimate review - Great J

2011 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Review

Ultimate Sedan (4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic)

2011 Ultimate review - Great Job Hyundai!
By jfortino on

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 2 Lexus, 2 Acura, Lincoln Navigator and am turning in my Jaguar XF Premium Lease. I have test drove many cars looking for a premium luxury sedan. I took a chance on the Equus after researching for over 2 months and a number of test drives. After taking delivery and putting on 1000 miles - I am stunned at the quality of the vehicle. I was very unsure of my decision to move on a Hyundai, but relied on many of the reviews here and other places. The fit and finish is superb, and contrary to most professional reviews, the exterior of the vehicle is very sharp - I have already had a number of people asking me about the vehicle at a gas station and restaurant! Great job Hyundai!

The vehicle has an unbelievable ride, great acceleration, handles nicely (I am not looking to drive 140 on the autobahn), the interior is extremely quiet, and the electronics are very easy to set up as I paired my phone in 2 minutes, my iphone is easy to use to play music and the nav is easy to use as well. This is the most comfortable vehicle I have owned - the seat for the driver has excellent controls to set up for a perfect fit. I love the size of the vehicle, with a very roomy interior. The Lexicon Stereo sounds great as well! Also appreciate using regular unleaded gas. The car gets a lot of stares from people while driving and I appreciate not seeing Equus being driven everywhere.

Hyundai dealership trying to sell a high end luxury product. Need to learn how to treat the Equus buyer like Lexus, Acura, or Jaguar owners. When delivered, I had to send the car back be cleaned - it was dusty and not fully detailed. I love the car but they have to up the game considerably to compete with the other luxury brands. NEVER would this happen with Lexus. I think the car needs better cup holders, blind spot warning systems, I am a little concerned about the quality of the leather seats (based on other reviews - we will soon find out). Not a big deal, but the ipad was not with the car for delivery, it will be sent at a later time - we call this "bush league"
By jfortino
on 01/21/12 09:53 AM (PST)

Here is an update. To my surprise, I received my iPad in two days after writing this review. They sent me an iPad 2 with a nice case in excellent packaging - very nice touch Hyundai! I will retract my bush league comment!