LEMON LEMON LEMON
By chris262 on
2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
Where to start… I don’t normally write to forums, however I feel obligated to warn people of this vehicle. LEMON LEMON LEMON I first owned a 2004 Sonata… amazing car, loved it, no problems whatsoever. So when we had our second child, I decided to invest (bad choice of words) in something larger. Test drove all the typical minivans, Dodge, Toyota, Honda but my bias of Hyundai led me to chose the Entourage. What a mistake. Here’s a list of problems since I’ve owned it: 1. Had to replace the DVD player within a couple weeks of purchase 2. Had to fix broken arm rest 3. Had to replace rotors twice and entire breaks once, not related to driving but defects 4. The key ignition had to be replaced, had to get towed for this one. Happened at a movie threatre, we had a baby sitter at home, had to get a rental for 4 days until it was fixed… they didn’t cover the rental. 5. There has been ongoing battery / wiring (unknown) issues. It is currently in the garage for a 3rd battery replacement. Approx every year the battery dies completely and won’t hold a charge anymore. Last years fix was a computer s/w upgrade… yeah right. Today they are saying it is a module recall for the side doors that they think is the problem… yeah right… and whatever happened to informing customers of recalls. I have a 2nd small car, 97 Toyota Tercel with 200,000 KM that I trust more than this vehicle. 6. I also have an ongoing headlight issue. When I break or when the gears shift, there is a noticeable dimming (1 or 2 sec) of the headlights. I think it is related to problem number 5. 7. Yes the powered side doors are great when or if they work. Someone told me when I first bought the van, having everything powered is just more to go wrong… how true. I live in Canada, any amount of snow or frost; the side doors are impossible to open. This vehicle was to be our long-term family car. I wish this info was available before I bought. Avoid this vehicle or suffer the consequences. LEMON LEMON LEMON
By solutionn
on 04/04/12 16:49 PM (PDT)

Sounds like to me your just a person that doesn't take care of what you have at hand. I always hear people bitching and complaining about everything going wrong. Its called a little TLC. Your broke the arm rest. Stop putting your heavy ass weight all into it. Ment to hold your arm not your body weight..... Dimming of the lights, Try getting a new alternator could be going out with the way you drive. Breaks defects well we all know canada drivers are crazy and have crap roads anyways. But serously stop power pushing the break peddle and eez into it. If you had Botten this care brand new and the dvd player went out make the dealer replace it DUH???. the key ignition sounds like your cranking your key to hard and ruining it your self. your listing a bunch of problems that sound more like user error then car error.

By theripper
on 06/12/12 11:00 AM (PDT)

Hi there Chris. Was considering buying this one, can you recommend an alternative??

By ufarooq
on 08/24/14 13:50 PM (PDT)

I'm lost by you calling this vehicle a lemon based on your issues. If it had trany, engine, problems... sure but for not issues you outlined above... which clearly to me seem like you abusing the vehicle..