2007 Hyundai Entourage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Entourage model:
Luv the van hate the problems
By selena on 02/17/09 17:49 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't wait to buy my first brand new van. Have had this van for one and a half years and have replaced the timing chain 3 times, and it needs a fourth. Have had problems with the tpms also. The dealership has been extremely helpful. But how many times can it go in for the same part?

Great Van
By wilhelm on 01/09/09 08:01 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Entourage SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the 2007 Entourage SE in early 2007 with 100000 mile warranty and 2 years/24000 miles of free oil changes for ~$23000. Odometer now shows 25500 miles. We have driven between Colorado Springs and Boulder CO many times as well as 2 trips to Lake Tahoe. I am very surprised at how many complaints there are regarding mpg - we get 25-27 mpg for our 100+ mile trips and 21mpg for my daily commute of 12 miles. I am conscious of my driving technique and avoid mashing the accelerator or overusing the brakes. I am pleased to report that the mpg display above the rear view mirror is very accurate - within .5mpg every time. I always keep write down miles/gas every time I fill up.

Don't Buy One!!!
By Bernie on 12/31/08 20:09 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Entourage SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van because of what you were supposed to get for the money. The van is very nice looking inside and out, however the problems just keep getting bigger. Problems started with warning lights coming on then the A/C compressor, now it's the brakes and doors.

Not what I bargained for
By RBarbier on 11/08/08 09:22 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fabulous in theory as a family vehicle. Unfortunately I am taking it in constantly because of random noises such as creaks and grinds. The fuel economy is ridiculous. COMPLETELY different than the sticker showed. My battery died after 15,0000 miles and less than 2 years old and it was impossible to find a service dept available to help me. I was sold by the price when comparing to competitors but I should have gone with something with better history for a little more money.

Worst mileage...EVER..any car
By Bob Mann on 09/23/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives and rides comfortably. Lots of conveniences and "goodies". But with gradual increasing noises. Dealing with Hyundai is impossible and mileage is bad beyond description. My 'truck' Toyota 4 runner gets 5 miles more to the gallon of gas and Hyundai say mine (entourage) is behaving as designed.... Wow

Good So Far
By jayachra on 08/16/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle for a family of 5 and no troubles so far. Lots of Space. Own a GLS model which has many features available as Standard which are either Optional or available only on higher models with other Manufacturer's Vans. Bought the vehicle for the just over 20 grand price & due to it's higher safety ratings. We have made at least 5 long distance drives and surprisingly the mileage was 27 mpg on the Highway. City driving is around 17 mpg. We have traveled 16000 miles in the last 1 year and the van has served the purpose well. Struggles a bit going uphill. So far good experience with Dealership.

"comfort mobile" happy family hauler
By JE on 08/16/08 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It's a minivan. It's bigger than a car and very heavy, like other minivans. For us it's an appliance like a refrigerator or washing machine. Yes, the doors will close on little fingers- don't let your kids put their hands in closing doors. Let them fear any doors closing. It will squeak. Push on panels to reseat fasteners. They will be quiet. Two minor issues repaired under warranty: Cold weather caused spring loaded parking brake release to stick, replacement of cables and pedal assembly resolved issue. Idler pulley bearing failure, replacement solved issue. Van will average 29 MPG on flat ground at 60 MPH with NO stop and go. Daily drives around town average 17 MPG.

GREAT VAN FOR THE PRICE
By ROSCOE GRAY on 08/07/08 00:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Drive the speed limit and you will get good gas mileages..drives nice and with good power...Have not had any problems with the van as of now.........do my own oil changes....

deceptive warranty
By hzinor on 07/31/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Until about 6 months ago, I would have said that I was very happy with my van. Now the slider doors are not closing properly (seems to be a common complaint), yet the service dept at our local dealership cannot find anything wrong. The biggest issue is the water leaking from the sunroof, dripping from the control panel(dome lights/door openers,etc. Also, water leaking from the dash when it rains, collecting water on the floor of the passenger side. There are tons of wires down there, so I can't imagine what kind of fun I have to look forward to. I am told that the warranty does not cover "leaks", I find it outrageous that Hyundai thinks that this is normal wear & tear.

So Far, So Good
By Proud Minivan Driver on 07/21/08 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the van for just about 10 months now. So far, its been very reliable, and was surprisingly very fuel efficient on a recent vacation trip (24 mpg on highway!) I have only had a few minor issues with automatic doors not closing properly every time and a passenger seat belt that likes to lock up. I would recommend this van to anyone with a couple of kids who needs more space than cars are able to give.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.