2007 Hyundai Entourage 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Entourage - Consumer Reviews

GLS Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Entourage model:
wonderful van
By kgwirz on 08/14/14 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my van for 5 yes I still love like it was the first day I got it I didn't really want a van but the family needed one and I'm so glad we did. I can fit 7 comfortably and it drives so nice. It doesn't feel like I'm stuck driving a van.the kids live the DVD and I love the sliding doors!

LEMON LEMON LEMON
By chris262 on 02/07/11 18:47 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Where to start… I don’t normally write to forums, however I feel obligated to warn people of this vehicle. LEMON LEMON LEMON I first owned a 2004 Sonata… amazing car, loved it, no problems whatsoever. So when we had our second child, I decided to invest (bad choice of words) in something larger. Test drove all the typical minivans, Dodge, Toyota, Honda but my bias of Hyundai led me to chose the Entourage. What a mistake. Here’s a list of problems since I’ve owned it: 1. Had to replace the DVD player within a couple weeks of purchase 2. Had to fix broken arm rest 3. Had to replace rotors twice and entire breaks once, not related to driving but defects 4. The key ignition had to be replaced, had to get towed for this one. Happened at a movie threatre, we had a baby sitter at home, had to get a rental for 4 days until it was fixed… they didn’t cover the rental. 5. There has been ongoing battery / wiring (unknown) issues. It is currently in the garage for a 3rd battery replacement. Approx every year the battery dies completely and won’t hold a charge anymore. Last years fix was a computer s/w upgrade… yeah right. Today they are saying it is a module recall for the side doors that they think is the problem… yeah right… and whatever happened to informing customers of recalls. I have a 2nd small car, 97 Toyota Tercel with 200,000 KM that I trust more than this vehicle. 6. I also have an ongoing headlight issue. When I break or when the gears shift, there is a noticeable dimming (1 or 2 sec) of the headlights. I think it is related to problem number 5. 7. Yes the powered side doors are great when or if they work. Someone told me when I first bought the van, having everything powered is just more to go wrong… how true. I live in Canada, any amount of snow or frost; the side doors are impossible to open. This vehicle was to be our long-term family car. I wish this info was available before I bought. Avoid this vehicle or suffer the consequences. LEMON LEMON LEMON

Overall Love
By Mom's Taxi on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle two weeks after it was on the market. Major issues have been doors jamming and mine are not automatic. I have had problems with both sides not closing. When my seats are folded into the floor the car squeaks loudly...annoying. Brakes are definitely an issue and my brake servicer blames the calipers. I have had a couple sensors fail that literally stopped my vehicle from moving. Fuel economy is not so hot but I did see that on the sticker upfront. This van does handle very nicely and everyone who has driven it is impressed and surprised. I have five kids and it is very roomy.

should have painted it yellow
By lemon sucker on 10/19/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The van looks good and drives nice but don't let that fool you! The fuel economy is no were near what we were told. The brakes are a disaster and needed replacing after only 35000 km rotors and all. The idler failed after 50000 km. Had to be towed for a computer failure. the latches on the side doors fail. if you open the driver's door in the rain, you will not be able to close the gas cap door. There are problems with the wiring in the back door. there are always light on the dash that shouldn't be on , last being a problem with the air bags!! If you don't live next to the dealer ship or want to keep the van past it's warranty, don't buy it!

Good van for what you need it for
By shanks on 06/29/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this van for over a year now, and have not had any problems at all with it. I purchased it used with 20k miles, and I've since put on 10k, mostly on the highway. The van is large and spacious, similar to Odyssey, Sienna and Caravan (I've driven all of these). The performance is very good considering it's size, and you have to remember that it's a minivan, not a sports car. I think the build quality is good, not quite up to Sienna or Odyssey levels, but on par with the Caravan. The 5 year 60k mile warranty is a reassuring factor, but I have not yet had to take advantage of it. Also, I think gas mileage is pretty good, I get about 26 mpg on the highway, with a moderate load.

Wish I didn't buy it!
By vmats on 04/27/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We paid for the extended warranty and glad that we did! Brakes started squealing within the first six months, tires did not last as long as they should have, battery died after about 50000 miles. They have had to change the air compressor, the fuel sensor, and a few other parts. We have had to get it towed twice.

Luv the van hate the problems
By selena on 02/17/09 17:49 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't wait to buy my first brand new van. Have had this van for one and a half years and have replaced the timing chain 3 times, and it needs a fourth. Have had problems with the tpms also. The dealership has been extremely helpful. But how many times can it go in for the same part?

Good So Far
By jayachra on 08/16/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle for a family of 5 and no troubles so far. Lots of Space. Own a GLS model which has many features available as Standard which are either Optional or available only on higher models with other Manufacturer's Vans. Bought the vehicle for the just over 20 grand price & due to it's higher safety ratings. We have made at least 5 long distance drives and surprisingly the mileage was 27 mpg on the Highway. City driving is around 17 mpg. We have traveled 16000 miles in the last 1 year and the van has served the purpose well. Struggles a bit going uphill. So far good experience with Dealership.

Reliable Hyundai Entourage GLS
By Man Van 105 on 06/26/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My family & I have had this vehicle for a year now w/over 15,000 miles & have traveled a lot since then. So far, we have not encountered any "major" problems that other people have stated in there reviews. I spoke w/a Hyundai mechanic & he told me that this is a heavy vehicle w/a 3.8 Liter V6 engine. So of course the gas mileage is not great. Also a vehicle is considered broken in after 35-50,000 miles & that is when you will start having better gas mileage. But, it also depends on your driving style and terrain as well. My advice, save your money & stick w/a basic van. After reading other reviews, owners of vans w/more amenities seem to have more problems than others,ie. power doors 4 example.

Very Poor Reliability
By Paul on 05/12/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

DO NOT PURCHASE (2007 model) Problems to date 1) Power steering gasket blew (under 2 yrs old) 2) Reversing sensors are unreliable and do not work consistently.. Hyundai can not reproduce and therefore are not willing to replace under warranty (we have even sent a video of the problem to them). 3) Unable to start van.. power & battery OK.. had it towed to dealer... next day van started ok. 4) Brake calipers under sized for weight of van.. rotors wearing down fast and warping under heat. 5) Customer service a disgrace. If anybody else in Western canada has these problems with Hyundai please drop me a note.