Used 2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

2014 Elantra
By Tim Mahoney

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

My Second Elanta - Solid Value
By Robert Grande

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Overall it's a great car and initial quality was outstanding with no defects. Highway gas mileage may not always be the original false claim of 40 MPG but now that car is broken in I get there with summer blend of gas. Mostly highway driving (80/20) so overall I get 35 to 38 consistently. The transmission is very smooth though occasionally when you come to a hill it feels like the transmission should downshift. Fortunately you have the option to manually downshift so it's not that big a deal. If you want sporty, go for a Mazda 3 - Elantra's acceleration is okay and it handling is very good but not quite on par with Mazda. But then again, I judged the overall road noise level of the Mazda 3 annoying by comparison. Like the Mazda and other small 4-cylinder cars it gets a bit loud when accelerating onto the highway. Beware the blind spots sue to the slope of the front roof pillars. Backup camera is very handy since it's tough to judge the front or back through the windows. Standard audio system is okay but wish it had a bit more "oomph" - especially for bass. Bluetooth works well and touch screen controls are easy to learn. Climate controls are well- designed.

Amazing Car
By SF Sunshine

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a solid car by a solid company. I am constantly amazed by how well thought out all the features are and the high quality of workmanship. I used to rent plenty of Hyundai cars when I traveled for work, and now that I spend more time doing a standard commute, I am absolutely delighted by the fully loaded options. You simply cannot go wrong with the leather interiors and technology options crammed into this car.

!!! MUST BUY !!!
By M S

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in 2014 with every accessory available. MPG has averaged 32.2 in city driving. Paint has held up well and so has the interior. Still looks brand new inside and out!! Miss my SUV so will be replacing this car with the 2016 Kia Sorento.

Still in Love
By LawtonLady

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my elantra June 2014, 15 months and 12000 miles later, it is still a great vehicle. I have been through many cars, I get the car shopping itch almost yearly, and after checking out all the new models and value in the market, for the first time ever, I decided the vehicle I had already was still the best option. It's very stylish, my limited has all the sleek technology of any extremely pricey vehicles, but for a deal that can't be beat. It drives really well, I mainly use it for my daily work, school, and hoke trips, but I have taken long distance drives and it handles great. I was looking into a suv, for more room, better suspension, and less road noise, but unless your willing to pay $35,000 or more for the same features, you won't find a vehicle with a better bang for its buck. It's economical, save with price, save on gas, and I haven't had any maintenance issues so save on repairs.