2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Great car for the money.

2014 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great car for the money.
By schbullitt on

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have only driven the car for 500 miles but, for the money, this is an excellent car. I bought the Sport model because I wanted the extra power and the car is very responsive. The car is extremely tight; no body or suspension noises. My only complaint is the tires. I would have liked more of a performance tire or at least an option for one. The Hankook is okay but I can see me getting a better tire when these are half worn. I have read about these tires and according to reviews, they do not perform well in the snow. That remains to be seen. My wife, who really isn't into cars, loves this car. So, overall, I would highly recommend this car, especially when you factor in the price.

Engine performance; quietness of the car; fit and finish. Excellent warranty length.

An optional, better performing tire.
By mml1
on 11/19/14 18:17 PM (PST)

Bought my sport a couple weekends ago. First thing I did was order snow wheels/tires. Second thing I did was a 1200 mile road trip. Awesome little car for the money. I wasn't sore at all after driving straight through, and netted around 36-37mph with a brand new Sport that isn't broken in. Car is tight, quiet, and just super. I'll be buying better summer tires when the factory ones wear out...

By d28acoustic1
on 07/15/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

The tire reviews are no joke. I can tell you from personal experience they do not handle in snow at all. If the tires get about a year of use on them, they do not even move in the snow.