2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Ready to give the car back

2014 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Ready to give the car back
By tracker14 on

2014 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought the car 1 week ago and I want to give it back. I regret buying it.
The front seats are extremely uncomfortable if you drive more than 20 minutes . My legs go numb and I limp every time I get out of the car . I did take the car for two test drives before I bought it, but never long distance. I am tall, 6.1.
The angle of the seat bottom is something I never considered. In the Hyundai it is extreme. I will look at seat bottom angles at any future car buying adventures .

Handles well.

Seat bottom angles. Comfort of seats. Color choices ( the dark colors really make the dirt show up well on your vehicle) Stereo--poor sound quality when you play a CD

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jmnygaard
on 07/26/14 13:22 PM (PDT)

I had been looking into buying an Elantra because I thought it gave the most bang for my buck. On a recent trip to Florida, I put over 1000 miles on a brand new Elantra. I have to agree that the seat is very uncomfortable for long hauls. I also did not notice this on the test drive. Otherwise, I really like the vehicle.

By mml1
on 11/19/14 18:21 PM (PST)

Hmmm. I just finished a 15 hour long drive, straight through, in a brand new Elantra Sport. Not sure/uncomfortable at all after that drive. Car was a thrill to drive. Maybe there's something different in the SE's seats, but my Sport was much more comfortable than other cars and trucks I have owned in the fairly recent past.

By litesong2
on 12/07/15 09:52 AM (PST)

I have a bad back & Elantra seats help me. After long drives, I do have problems getting out of the car, but its better than chairs or beds at home. You being so tall, try lowering the seat with one of the two levers on the driver's seat, left.