2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
I really enjoy my new Elantra
By red_rider28 on 09/22/14 10:38 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Elantra SE on June 8th and so far I have put about 4700 miles on it. It is a very comfortable car for my commute of about 50 miles round trip daily. I have taken several long road trips of over 300 miles with no issues. Over all I could not have asked for more from Hyundai. I am a loyal customer as I also own a 2012 Hyundai Accent SE.

Love this car!
By chrisw5000 on 08/05/14 09:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2014 Elantra Sport one month ago. I have 1000 miles on it and have enjoyed every mile! I love the larger 2.0 engine and more power over the the 1.8 liter. Its like driving a sportscar with the functionality of a sedan. I have a 4 year old so you can see how functionality is important. I'm getting better gas milage than what was shown on the window sticker (with the Active ECO turned on). You do sacrifice power for the economy however. I almost bought a Sonata turbo but decided the Elantra Sport was a much better value for my budget and I still get the sporty feeling I was yearning for. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Get yours today, you'll like it too!

Great car for the money.
By schbullitt on 06/25/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have only driven the car for 500 miles but, for the money, this is an excellent car. I bought the Sport model because I wanted the extra power and the car is very responsive. The car is extremely tight; no body or suspension noises. My only complaint is the tires. I would have liked more of a performance tire or at least an option for one. The Hankook is okay but I can see me getting a better tire when these are half worn. I have read about these tires and according to reviews, they do not perform well in the snow. That remains to be seen. My wife, who really isn't into cars, loves this car. So, overall, I would highly recommend this car, especially when you factor in the price.

Excellent Customer Service
By jcgarcia1 on 06/09/14 15:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just buy my 2014 hyundai elantra sport my wife love this car. [non-permissible content removed]

LOVE HER!
By code1 on 05/17/14 18:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought my new 2014 Elantra Limited and it may be to soon to get an accurate review on the reliability I can say I love this car! It's my first brand new car and i'm glad I made the purchase! Van Horn Hyundai was extremely helpful in making sure I got exactly what I wanted. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a small or midsize car.

new car
By joe480 on 04/26/14 11:09 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have a new car a 2014 Elantra. I found with less than 100 miles on it the speedometer was off by 3 mph. When it showed 35 miles per hour the car was only going 32 mph. I called Keys and took it in. They did their tests called Hyundai and did not fix the problem. I was told the car is with in limits. The dealer said they can not help it is up to Hyundai. So much for bumper to bumper coverage. I might have given a good rating but now every time I get into the car I have to speed to go the correct mph. How they can say it is with in limits when clearly the speedometer is off by 3 mph. I now wonder when something goes wrong what they will tell me why they won't fix it. Beware

Ready to give the car back
By tracker14 on 04/23/14 03:54 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought the car 1 week ago and I want to give it back. I regret buying it. The front seats are extremely uncomfortable if you drive more than 20 minutes . My legs go numb and I limp every time I get out of the car . I did take the car for two test drives before I bought it, but never long distance. I am tall, 6.1. The angle of the seat bottom is something I never considered. In the Hyundai it is extreme. I will look at seat bottom angles at any future car buying adventures .

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*