Very Disappointed
By lemon25 on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
This is the third Hyundai I have owned and, to be honest, the one I like the least. Outwardly it is a beautiful car. I owned it less than two weeks when I had to have a new steering column installed. I have owned the car since last July and find the suspension so loose that hitting a bump in the road causes the car to jump sideways. At freeway speeds the car tends to drift somewhat. Noisy, as well. I don't feel I have as much control with this model. It is very light and I don't feel I have a sturdy vehicle under me. Additionally, the gas mileage is just about the same as my 2008. Sorry I traded my 2008 Elantra for this new, (improved?) model. No more Hyundai's for me.
Favorite Features
Design
Suggested Improvements
Get back to making a good, solid car.
By litesong2
on 06/23/13 09:54 AM (PDT)

Last 5 tanks have averaged 38mpg with a high of 43mpg, all calculated.MPG may be better than my wife's small Hyundai Accent. Please use 100% gasoline(non-ethanol), if you can. Years long accurate records show that MPG of my last 3 cars before Elantra were 8%, 7% & 5% better than "10% ethanol blends". MPG is so good, I may never test 10% ethanol blends in Elantra. Excellent stability on the highway, despite the lighter weight. Love the 4 wheel disk brakes..... very positive. The auto tranny in manual control, works well with the cruise control & my mountain mpg may increase with practice.

By sem103
on 06/12/13 23:16 PM (PDT)

I bought my first Hyundai May 2013, and it will be my last.