THIS CAR IS SUCH A FUN DRIVE!
By zealart on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I love driving this car. I've been using it for my commute to work, and I average a combined 34-39 mph, well above the 33 they've rated. In Los Angeles no less! For all the people complaining about low mileage, if you drive in stop-and-go in the city a lot, your mileage will suffer. You have to actually reset your MPG on the highway to get the magic 40. As long as you don't have a lead foot, you'll easily hit the 30s and higher. I get 43 mpg exclusively on the highway, doing about 80-85% hwy driving. If you can drive 40-55, you'll probably get even better. I actually ENJOY driving to work because I love driving this car!
Favorite Features
-The awesome mileage! -You can listen to your music via Bluetooth if you don't have an aux or IPod cable! -Bold and fluid styling. Won't find this on a Corolla or Civic! -Steering wheel is really easy to handle. -The sound system is pretty good.
By litesong2
on 06/23/13 09:11 AM (PDT)

I get 43 mpg exclusively on the highway, doing about 80-85% hwy driving. If you can drive 40-55, you'll probably get even better. //////////// Excellent conditions will give over 40mpg. Like you have have also gotten 43mpg & over the last 5 tanks, to average 38mpg. But mediocre conditions will knock Elantra mpg down quickly. I traveled about 30miles at 25-58mph, with fairly few stoplights & lesser traffic. The trip computer stated 51mpg over that period. However, the same tank, giving 400+miles of driving with more traffic, stoplights, hills & cool-downs, caused that tank of gas to get 40mpg, calculated. Even worse conditions, would see Elantra mpg descend greatly, also.