25 of 32 people found this review helpful
The undisputed champion in the compact car segment
By ca_lawyer1 on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
After test driving every other 2012/2013 compact car and doing months of researching (lawyers love researching) I ended up purchasing a 2013 Elantra GLS with the preferred package and 8 miles on the odometer for $20,600.00 (out the door).
My miles per gallon with the econ button off and the a/c on are always in the high 30's. The cabin is quieter and the base sound system is better than the Civic, Corolla, Cruze, Focus and Mazda 3. The truck is huge (for lack of a better word). The truck is bigger than my wives 2008 Acura TL 4 door. The steering is so light one turn turn the steering wheel using one finger. Engine power is on par with every other compact car in this class.
- Phenomenal built quality. I can feel and hear the built quality every time I open or close any door. And in motion there are no rattles nor squeaks of any kind. My Elantra was assembled at Hyundai's 1.4 billion dollar Alabama plant which might be why its built so well.
- Americas Best Warranty: 10 year/100K miles and 5 years of free roadside assistance
- Homelink mirror lets me program all my garage door openers and home alarm system
- Exterior/interior styling
- Sound system
- Brakes feel powerful and responsive
- Climate control has a high velocity air flow
- Simple dashboard layout
- Have reached speeds of 95 mph on the freeway and the car feels very well controlled and stable
HID or Xenon headlights and that's pretty much it.