2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Great car, I have certain disl

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

2013 Hyundai Elantra

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great car, I have certain dislikes
By rmasters2007 on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Car has only (or exactly) what I need and wanted, and no unnecessary gimmicks (which I would have to pay for and which can brake).
The design is what caught my eye first. Plus the great gas mileage. Interior has plenty of space for hips and shoulders. Comfortable seats. Drives nice, very responsive, very comfortable (for a car this class and way built).

Design! Heated seats (only available in convenience package). On-board computer. Gas mileage. Cruise control. Rear seats fold down individually and give plenty of room for larger items. Good headlights (nice bright pattern), smooth shifting automatic

Bulky remote, autolock can only be deactivated by dealer, door lock/unlock button not illuminated, flashing lights only confirm unlocking the car but not locking it, center dash vents can not be closed, seats show even simple water stains unless cleaned carefully, many features do not work the way the manual describes it. Manual shifting in automatic is slow in response, center armrest (in either forward or aft position) is useless as it does not support any arm while holding the steering wheel. No E85 version available in US (thus Hyundai builds them).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By whatfuture
on 07/23/14 18:32 PM (PDT)

Which car are you writing about? (I'm sort of just kidding.) The design is sleek, I like the leather and have been warned it wears quickly. The onboard computer spits out (fairly consistently, at least) incorrect MPG, speed, odometer and probably more. I like the arm rest. I'm 5'6" and often lean against it. Yes, it's roomy but I'd rather have quality and good service rather than nice-looking. I don't find it responsive but rather sluggish. I thought at this stage of life, I'd be okay without the power. But it's needed driving on highways. In 2014, the engine was boosted to about 160 hp where it belongs. It has a very lackluster movement to it. In this class of cars, though, it's the only one with lumbar support and it's so not worth it. I have the 2013 Ltd and never again.