Should have kept the 2007
By on_target on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I had a 2007 Elantra with 140,000 mile and only minor problems. My daughter still drives it. 2013 Elantra has been terrible: 1) persistent rough idle 2) the bluetooth, time, radio stations and other electronic gadgets keep resetting almost daily and I have to re-enter everything 3) I lose power steering while backing up. The dealers both say there are no error codes reporting from the car and Hyundai keeps telling me to allow the dealers to handle it.
Favorite Features
Body looks sporty.
Suggested Improvements
Improve response to problems starting at headquarters and improve reliability. I don't care much about the little surveys on the dealers; they don't do much good for me. I don't believe this is a dealer problem, I believe the guys at headquarters need to find solutions for all of the problems others and I have presented to them.
By whatfuture
on 07/23/14 18:43 PM (PDT)

This is nuts. I have the 2013 Ltd. It scared me a little (the lack of quality still doesn't exist behind the brand but we're seeing it marketed a lot). My partner wanted lumbar support. No other car in its class has it. She wanted a sunroof. It's on both cars now. Had I just been looking at buying a car for me, I would've gone with the Subaru Impreza or the Legacy. I've owned both and they are die hards. I've been the monkey in the middle with corporate sending me to the service dept. (I have no faith in them and will not go due to my verbal exchanges with them). I had a computer error on my navigation system and took photos of it. It wasn't easily reproducible. That should not have mattered (I worked in the comp. field for my career) because good companies have databases with errors and fixes. Or they have a tech who can handle it. The way the dealership acts, I don't believe, "... the guys at headquarters need to find solutions..." because they don't care. This was similar to their attitude 10 and 20 years ago. So, their rep takes a hit but you're seeing a lot more Hyundais on the road. Boy, they must be good cars. I am kidding but this is what it looks like. You may want to try your Attorney General, BBB, tv news anyone to get attention to what you're going through. In 1989, I was able to meet with the District Manager of a car I bought. Once in his hands, he was great and my car was fixed. Best to you.