Hyundia sucks. and has the lowest resale value of any car i have owned
By rickpettry on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Hyundai marketed the Elantra at 40 MPG'S> when In reality it gets about 35 MPG"S. I bought a 2012 Elantra based on the 40 MPG"S quoted. this car was suppose to save me up to $120.00 a month in gas. my last car cost me $58.00 a week to drive and so dose the Elantra. it is uncomfortable loud poor handeling. and has a poor stereo system. you can also find other poor reviews on Edmondson.com. facebook, and other sites just type in Elantra reviews.. Hyundai compairs the Elnatra to the Honda Civic. at a higher price tag than the civic. after resently driving other cars I found the elantra to be in a lower class such as the Mazda 3. the Corolla. and the Dodge Dart at about $16,000.00 which is a
Favorite Features
none
Suggested Improvements
stop making car's.
By ex_tdier
on 03/04/14 18:35 PM (PST)

Come on, you believed the mpg ratings. Seriously? They're heavily inflated on ALL vehicles. Now, you right about your 2012 Hyundai? You're a little late to the party. We are all looking at the 2014 Elantra. The Elantra is in the same category or class as the other models you mentioned. There is no point in bringing that up. If you did your due diligence, you would know the Mazda and Corolla have a better reliability record than the Dart. Still, the Mazda is the best overall bang for your buck in this category. Hopefully, that will change and someone will knock them out because Mazda's hideous permanent standing LCD is not only an eye sore, but a thief magnet.

By whatfuture
on 04/07/14 12:23 PM (PDT)

ex_tdier: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Estimates are estimates. But THIS is different (hence the lawsuits). These things happened and it began with Hyundai/Kia. 1. They provided false information to the government about their mileage. 2. The government may not have done a spot check. 3. I never believe the estimates and subtract a buffer for that reason and it's nowhere close to what I'd guess it to be and at least I do know this. 4. Is this true or not because I cannot get a straight answer. I contacted Hyundai cust. supp. THEY said the Monroney stickers were changed about 1.5 years ago with the lower ratings. However, at my local dealership (armed with this), I strolled the lot (and my car) and NOTHING was changed. Who's lying? I asked if there was any mechanic diff. between the 2012 and the 2013 (I didn't want to pay more for the 2014) on this forum and the answer was no. So, this is still a valid issue. Yeah, I sort of agree about the due diligence. But I did mine and the car is still nasty nasty. Due diligence means different things to different people. Rick: Yeah, it's noisy and so are the others in its class. It's also listed as such in a number of places. Your stereo system may be bad, mine happens to be good. But why didn't you listen to it to know that? What got me was Cons. Rpts. fairly high rating of the Elantra. I emailed them and suggested they made a mistake and my guess is we'll see a form of correction in 2014's car review which is bad because the resale value will likely go down.

By whatfuture
on 04/07/14 12:25 PM (PDT)

Oops. Sorry - the Elantra is in the same "class size" as the Honda Civic. Refer to Consumer Reports for that. I think the Mazda 3 is in the same class. Don't know about the Corolla except it looks cool. It was not test rated in Consumers and Fukishima (don't jump on me for this) may be a problem that will never ever be stated anywhere.