Problems with tires and break
By rafiai on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I have bought this car just over one year ago, we do live in cold climate ( Ontario), I am not sure if this car was built for this climate, as the car has done only 25000 KM, the dealership tells me I need new sets of tires and my break are rusted, I was shocked to hear I have to spend over $1400 for a car that is one year old and Hyundai Canada refused to cover the cost, they said to me the tires are not part of the car and I have to go to the tire manufacturer , and when I did approached them, they refused to pay for the tires, this is a car that is been used for inner city and was kept indoor at all times, and I am 56 years old, so I was not racing with
Favorite Features
Good looking car , and gas efficent, but it uses more cas than the manufaturer claims.
Suggested Improvements
Tires will not last, and breaks will have major cost problem in cold climate, you may need to spend over $1400 the first year, cheap seat materials, the stain vry quickly.
By litesong2
on 06/01/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

Not true about poor tires. Had less expensive Dunlop SPs for OE tires on my Dodge Caliber. Driven past 53,000 miles, 3 of the tires still had about 10,000 miles left on them. Handled OK. Braking in the snow was excellent. The Dunlops gave about 8% better mpg, than a nicer & larger set of tires I later put on the Caliber. Outside of being noisy, the Dunlops were a pleasure to have.

By longo2
on 05/11/13 14:38 PM (PDT)

If you talk to a tire dealer that will be honest with you, they will admit that the first set of OEM tires are generally, crap. They may be a well known brand and look the same as ones from the local tire store, but, they aren't. They are generally made with a softer rubber that wears out much faster than the next set of tires of the same brand. Common problem with all new vehicles. My first set of OEM tires on our Versa were also done in 20,000 miles. Did some snooping around the web' and found all new owners of that little car had the same beef. The OEM's on our new Honda Odyssey, same thing, worn down to 4/32 in less than 22,000 miles of highway driving. Brakes, on the other hand, are still original after 65,000 to 70,000 miles on both vehicles. (Urban driving kills brakes and rotors faster than a beaver chewing through a Poplar tree)

By firemanjack
on 05/06/13 20:04 PM (PDT)

Brake and tire wear is never covered by anyone...They are right..