2013 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Overall great car!

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Overall great car!
By braindeadunit on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Performance -- Feels a bit sluggish at low RPMs, but that gets you the high mpg, but pushing it up into the higher RPMs gives you plenty of performance, and the sports mode helps me keep in the RPM range I want without having to get a fully manual car. Comfort -- I feel as comfortable in this as I do in a Buick, but I don't feel like I'm driving a boat! Value -- For a "more full" sedan with packed features, it's great value! But if I were buying for myself, I find it hard justifying spending more on the Elantra vs. the Accent. Fun: It's not really fun, but it gets you point A to point B wonderfully. Design: A bit funky, but looks modern and advanced. Interior is more subtle. Quality: A+

Favorite Features

35+ mpg regularly, lots of features, exterior styling, interior styling, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling (mixed feelings), the way sports mode works -- I normally drive manual, and sports sometimes "forces" me to be somewhere I don't want to be (based on speed?) and it's unnerving.