2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Love my Elantra! :)

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Love my Elantra! :)
By elantraguy241 on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my Elantra in July and so far I love every bit of the car. With the stock hankooks the interior noise was pretty audible, especially at speeds over 55 mph. Just recently I switched over to new Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires and road noise is almost eliminated. I named my Elantra Serenity since her ride is very peaceful and relaxing. For being a commuter car, the Elantra is quite peppy when pushed. I'm impressed with the fuel economy, currently at 33.5 mpg average, which is higher then the EPA rating. I also drive without the active ECO feature. My gps has an instant mpg readout and at 70 mph it reads from 39-45+ mpg depending on how flat the road is.

I love the radio, for being the stock system it sounds very impressive. Large interior space; both front and rear as I'm only 5' 7". The seats are very comfortable for my commute to college which is around 45 miles back and forth. Love the fuel economy! Handling is very nice especially with the new tires. I love the sound the engine makes when revving past 5k rpm. Love how quick the brakes engage with little pressure on the brake pedal.

An all black interior option would be nice for the base trim. More weight to the steering wheel as it took me some time to adjust to how light and sensitive it is.