8 of 11 people found this review helpful
Like my Elantra
By edmund2001 on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I bought a 2013 GLS with the preferred package two months ago. Now have 2000 miles on it. I look forward to driving this car.
It's peppy, fun handling and the brake action is good. Also like using the manual shift gate at times to hold a gear a little longer. Can cruise 75 mph at 2500 rpm no problem. Car is relatively quiet except the tires sound course over certain road surfaces. Getting 29 to 30 MPG overall. Was hoping for the 33 advertised number. It will get over 40 at steady highway speed of 65.
1) No spare tire or jack. Come on Hyundai!
2) Front seat cushions need to be a little wider.
3) Headlights should be brighter.
4) Economy cars with 145 horsepower engines do not need 160 mph speedometers. 120 would be fine.
5) Some blind spots
6) Auto windows up feature would be nice, at least on the drivers door.
7) Radio could use more power.
Your 29-30mpg at 75mph is a problem, if you're getting 40mpg at 65mph. The 10mpg difference between the 2 speeds, indicates that the extra wasted gasoline is chewing on the engine & other parts.
I like lower speeds here in scenic Washington state & am averaging 37.5mpg, including some city driving. Because of the Elantra's low coefficient of drag, I was hoping for higher mpg at higher speeds, but seems that the low 131pounds-feet of engine torque hurts mpg, too.