Happy with my purchase!
By johnbaptist on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I previously owned a 2005 Elantra and was so happy with it that I stuck with Hyundai. Right off the bat, you can tell the appearance was really stepped up from prior model--and even compared to other cars in class. It looks very sleek and sporty, making it look more expensive than it really is. Additionally, the actual gas mileage (while admittedly a complaint of many reviewers) is still an improvement over previous models. Elantras used to be less fuel-efficient than Honda Civics but now they are equal. That was one reason I opted out of the Civic this time. I have reached the 1000 mile mark and so far I am averaging 33 mpg. Broken down, I get 20-25 mpg city, and 35-40 mpg highway.
Favorite Features
The interior 2-tone color (tan/black) looks sweet, especially with the white exterior. As a taller guy, I often have problems with headroom but this car has plenty of space. The front seats can actually be lowered unlike earlier Elantra models. The trunk is huge as well.
Suggested Improvements
I do find the ride a bit noisy. When your feet are on the floorboard or gas pedal you can feel lots of vibrations and grinding. This is pretty much my only complaint.