Exceptional Value
By paul2013 on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased an Elantra GLS with the Preferred Package about a month ago. After extensive shopping, even with very little off the MSRP (this car is in high demand) the Elantra really does represent an exceptional value and in my opinion just outclasses the competition in terms of features and styling. I was concerned that it wouldn't have much pep since the engine is on the small side but it is more than adequate and I haven't yet had the sensation of it being particularly under-powered.
Favorite Features
The Preferred Package gives you alloy wheels and heated seats for very little extra money. I also like the steering wheel mounted controls for the radio, trip computer, and cruise control, a feature not typically found at this price point. The styling is what really sets the Elantra apart, it just doesn't look like the typical inexpensive economy car. The "crease" on the sides borrows from some of the current BMW's and give it an upscale look. Hyundai's long warranty really does seal the deal and gives you the peace of mind that you won't have to shell out money for a long time should something go wrong.
Suggested Improvements
There really isn't much room for improvement while still maintaining the low price. I do think the MPG is a bit overstated but I have yet to have a vehicle that actually matched the EPA estimate. I've been getting about 25 MPG with mostly city driving.