Disappointing in the end
By bast2112 on
2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
When researching which new car to purchase, the deciding factors in the end were that I had an Elantra for 12 years and it was very reliable, and I wanted a car with decent gas mileage. So far it's been reliable, though a few small things have failed already. But the gas mileage is just plain terrible. If I had known, I would have gotten the car I really wanted that had weaker gas mileage instead!
Favorite Features
Nice looking, inside and out. Decent power, especially seems to love hills. Love all the tech, bells and whistles.
Suggested Improvements
Needs better gas mileage (I'm only getting 26MPG on average even when I manually calculate). Hyundai's offers to compensate are lacking. Speedometer is off by about 2-3 MPH (high). I've lost one high-beam and one driving light in less than a year. Same thing on my old Hyundai... maybe Hyundai should fix this by now? A small piece of plastic that covers a screw near the interior door handle fell off already. I've never tampered with it. Road noise is pretty bad. Stock tires are terrible. Hopefully new ones will help with the road noise. The Nav system and voice command is clunky to use.
By whatfuture
on 02/10/14 17:16 PM (PST)

bast2112: I have the same car. The Nav system on my car got a severe error the first time we used it last week. The only way to fix it is to power the car off and on. Left a message for service but I don't trust them for valid reasons in a dealer review I'll do in the future. Thanks for doing the manual calcs. I'm getting 29.73 hwy - after the break-in period but only on a long trip. My spouse keeps hitting the reset button, so I haven't been able to get accurate mileage for city/hwy yet. The car shows higher MPG ave. and I never trusted it. Hyundai metrics on the internet show their focus is on selling marketing and selling. They now have a better-looking car that's not good. When people catch on, the company should take a nose-dive. They are being deceitful when the MSRP still shows the bogus mileage. Yes, the Hancook tires are really bad to dangerous. My concern is will putting other tires on help ... is it worth it. Road noise is the worst I've experienced. It's astounding and they supposedly fixed some of it. They didn't.