Buyers Beware
By erica82 on
2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I recently purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited. After a lot of research I decided this car was the best value for the money - and it is. However, within 2 weeks of owning this car I was in a minor fender bender and my strut was broken. Yes, minor accident = broken strut. Turns out Hyundai sold me a car they do not have replacement parts for. When this car is running, it's great, but dealing with Hyundai to get replacement parts has been a nightmare. It's been three weeks and Hyundai has not been able to tell me when this part will become available. So for now, my brand new car is collecting dust at a garage waiting on Hyundai to pull a part from the production line.
Favorite Features
The interior and exterior are very sleek and stylish, and the car comes with more standard features than other manufacturers at the same price point. It definitely looks more like a luxury car than an economy car.
Suggested Improvements
First, I would suggest Hyundai not sell consumers cars they do not have replacement parts for. Second, I would advise that their consumer affairs team actually be of some service to their customers. Telling me you are sorry does not improve my situation, nor does escalating my case to the "regional office" that does not exist. Third, this car does not get 40MPG on the highway. Maybe 35 at best. The 1999 Honda Civic I had before this car got better gas mileage. My advice to consumers: Buy a Honda.
By lleopold
on 05/22/12 10:55 AM (PDT)

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'll have to keep an eye out on the issue of replacement parts. As to your comment on the mpg, I filled up this morning, reset the trip computer and am happy to report that, during my commute, I actually achieved 40.2 mpg and I took a picture to prove it if necessary.

By kc1227
on 07/26/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

I would suggest that you ask for a loner car from your dealer I have asked my garage if they have this part and was told that it is available now.