2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Been driven hard in 1 year

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Been driven hard in 1 year
By donjo13 on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 in Sept 2012. I am a courier and drive 250 miles a day. At this point in time I have 62000 miles on it here in NC. So far it has been a very reliable car and I have only had to replace one tire. The main complaint I have about it is the engine is very noisy. I have had it to the Hyundai dealer twice and they say its normal operation. I know its not because it didn't sound this bad when I bought it. When the car starts up for the 1st time each day it knocks like it has no oil for the 1st 3 miles or so. I have changed the oil regularly and use synthetic. I even left it overnight at the dealer so they could start it in the morning and here what I am saying.

I really like the overage look of the car and the fit and finish.I have hard time keeping stains of the cloth seat as I eat in the car when I drive being a courier. The XM radio sounds great although sometimes it stops working and I have to turn off the car, let it sit for a minute and open and close the drivers door and it comes back on. I was told by XM this is normal for this radio. The mp3s and CDs could be louder. More wattage would help. I am getting over 40 mpgs on the highway which has gone up about 3 mpgs from 6 months ago.

More wattage in the radio, quieter engine, better paint in the interior pieces that are painted. My steering wheel gray paint is wearing off terrible on the left side of the steering wheel. I don't have the radio buttons on mine, just all buttons on the right side of the wheel. The shiny black paint around the radio and console are hard to keep looking good and seem like any time you wipe them off you leave streaks.