2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
20 Miles Per Gallon - For Real...
By lisam6 on 10/16/12 18:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car if gas mileage is important to you. I have had this car for 4 months. I get only 20 miles to the gallon on city, flat road driving. Disaster.

Impressive, but lacking in some ways
By drewzkie on 10/09/12 12:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

We upgraded from an '08 Fusion SEL to a '13 Elantra GLS because we wanted to save money at the pump. Well, that's been a bit of a disappointment, 3 months and 2,100 miles later we're averaging 22.5MPG cty and ~28-30MPG hwy. Some people say we're still breaking it in while others say we're passed that. We're holding out until 5K miles to see if there's an improvement, if there's not we may be reconsidering the Elantra. Another issue is the cloth on the drivers seat is already deteriorating. We're gentle in our handling of the car including how we enter/exit but it's still showing signs of disintegration. We like the car, but we took on a payment to get better MPG, so far we're disappointed.

Just Great
By newhyundailuvr on 10/04/12 09:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I do not understand any of these complaints. The engine might not be out of a Viper, but it has no issue getting up to speed or passing a slower car. I have a heavy foot and I still stay around 35mpg. I do notice a bit more road noise then I expected but I think that may be the tires. $20,000 buck and I get and auto, bluetooth, heated seats, sat radio good ride, peppy engine, and it is a good looking car. It is family time here and we bought a Tuscon. We like the car and the dealership so much (which i have never said before) we went back and purchased the Elantra. Just a great car and a great value. And did I mention at the touch of a button music streams from my phone?

Best car under 20k
By ascullin on 09/30/12 17:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2013 Elantra Automatic, with the Preferred Package and Auto Dimming Mirror. I highly recommend both options. I do mostly mixed driving and my mpg is averaging in the low 30s with the eco button on.

Love my Elantra!!
By johnb62 on 09/30/12 05:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned my 2013 Elantra GLS for three months (6000 miles) and it has performed beyond my expectations. I commute 65 mile roundtrip daily to work 70/30 highway to city driving and am avering approx. 36-37 mpg. A recent trip I exceeded 40 MPG.

Mileage and Feature as Advertized
By reedy06 on 09/17/12 13:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I were looking for a commuter car that had navigation, leather and a sunroof. We considered and test drove the Mazda 3, Escort, Civic, Cruze, and the Elantra Limited. We evaluated features, price, comfort, power, styling, warranty, gas mileage and build quality. When using our criteria, the Elantra was the clear winner. We have 1,500 miles on the car and are averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving. You will get 40+ on the highway. As previous reviews said, the road noise can be loud at times; however, on a smooth road, it is of normal volume. All in all, you will not be disappointed with this purchase. Hyundai has come a long way in a short period of time.

Real life fuel consumption far lower than EPA ratings
By marc_bar on 09/10/12 16:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

There are a lot to like on the new Elantra 2013 but fuel consumption is certainly not one. I've always paid attention to the gas mileage I would get on my cars compared to the EPA ratings and I've always notice close proximity among them. In my new Elantra 2013 however, the actual gas mileage on a combined 70% street / 30% highway can not get above 23 mpg. It is way too far from the claimed 29/39/33 EPA ratings. To my disappointment though, the fuel consumption I am getting seems to be pretty much in line with the Consumer Reports testing experiencing 20mpg on city driving.

What the Elantra is really Like (very good overall)
By basst95 on 09/08/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a very good car. Your view of this car will vary depending on what type of vehicle you are coming out of. You need to take a good test drive of the Elantra before making a final decision. The materials in the car are on level with an economy car but the styling overshadows some of the hard plastics. The fit and finish are on par with cars at least a class up. There is no other car that packs the value of the Elantra. As a package daily driver, you cannot go wrong with the Elantra GLS w/preferred pkg.

Like my Elantra
By edmund2001 on 08/19/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 GLS with the preferred package two months ago. Now have 2000 miles on it. I look forward to driving this car. It's peppy, fun handling and the brake action is good. Also like using the manual shift gate at times to hold a gear a little longer. Can cruise 75 mph at 2500 rpm no problem. Car is relatively quiet except the tires sound course over certain road surfaces. Getting 29 to 30 MPG overall. Was hoping for the 33 advertised number. It will get over 40 at steady highway speed of 65.

Great value!
By glsazman on 08/17/12 10:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought my Elantra GLS a few days ago and so far I'm extremely satisfied. I got the idea of buying a Hyundai because my sister just purchased a Sonata and I thought it was a really nice car for the price. The Sonata is a little too big for what I need and I love the gas milage the Elantra has. I am really suprised at how many options you get for the price. I couldn't decide between the limited or the GLS but I'm not a big fan of moon roofs. I didn't see the value on the limited so I found a GLS with the preferred Pkg and that was great! The car handles well and drives great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*