2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Best car under 20k
By ascullin on 09/30/12 17:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2013 Elantra Automatic, with the Preferred Package and Auto Dimming Mirror. I highly recommend both options. I do mostly mixed driving and my mpg is averaging in the low 30s with the eco button on.

Love my Elantra!!
By johnb62 on 09/30/12 05:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned my 2013 Elantra GLS for three months (6000 miles) and it has performed beyond my expectations. I commute 65 mile roundtrip daily to work 70/30 highway to city driving and am avering approx. 36-37 mpg. A recent trip I exceeded 40 MPG.

Mileage and Feature as Advertized
By reedy06 on 09/17/12 13:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I were looking for a commuter car that had navigation, leather and a sunroof. We considered and test drove the Mazda 3, Escort, Civic, Cruze, and the Elantra Limited. We evaluated features, price, comfort, power, styling, warranty, gas mileage and build quality. When using our criteria, the Elantra was the clear winner. We have 1,500 miles on the car and are averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving. You will get 40+ on the highway. As previous reviews said, the road noise can be loud at times; however, on a smooth road, it is of normal volume. All in all, you will not be disappointed with this purchase. Hyundai has come a long way in a short period of time.

Real life fuel consumption far lower than EPA ratings
By marc_bar on 09/10/12 16:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

There are a lot to like on the new Elantra 2013 but fuel consumption is certainly not one. I've always paid attention to the gas mileage I would get on my cars compared to the EPA ratings and I've always notice close proximity among them. In my new Elantra 2013 however, the actual gas mileage on a combined 70% street / 30% highway can not get above 23 mpg. It is way too far from the claimed 29/39/33 EPA ratings. To my disappointment though, the fuel consumption I am getting seems to be pretty much in line with the Consumer Reports testing experiencing 20mpg on city driving.

What the Elantra is really Like (very good overall)
By basst95 on 09/08/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a very good car. Your view of this car will vary depending on what type of vehicle you are coming out of. You need to take a good test drive of the Elantra before making a final decision. The materials in the car are on level with an economy car but the styling overshadows some of the hard plastics. The fit and finish are on par with cars at least a class up. There is no other car that packs the value of the Elantra. As a package daily driver, you cannot go wrong with the Elantra GLS w/preferred pkg.

Like my Elantra
By edmund2001 on 08/19/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 GLS with the preferred package two months ago. Now have 2000 miles on it. I look forward to driving this car. It's peppy, fun handling and the brake action is good. Also like using the manual shift gate at times to hold a gear a little longer. Can cruise 75 mph at 2500 rpm no problem. Car is relatively quiet except the tires sound course over certain road surfaces. Getting 29 to 30 MPG overall. Was hoping for the 33 advertised number. It will get over 40 at steady highway speed of 65.

Great value!
By glsazman on 08/17/12 10:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought my Elantra GLS a few days ago and so far I'm extremely satisfied. I got the idea of buying a Hyundai because my sister just purchased a Sonata and I thought it was a really nice car for the price. The Sonata is a little too big for what I need and I love the gas milage the Elantra has. I am really suprised at how many options you get for the price. I couldn't decide between the limited or the GLS but I'm not a big fan of moon roofs. I didn't see the value on the limited so I found a GLS with the preferred Pkg and that was great! The car handles well and drives great.

Glutton for punishment
By fl_lead_foot on 08/11/12 16:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I love our 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS SO MUCH, I just bought a SECOND 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS to add to sit beside it. We have 15k on the 2012 and so far so good! The ONLY cars I have ever owned two of (NEVER at the same time), in years of buying cars and owning MANY, was two VW Jettas, two Jeep Grand Cherokees, Two Jeep Wranglers, and two Chrysler Sebring convertibles (I'm a ragtop kinda guy). When I find something I like/works, I tend to stick with it!

Sleek All Around
By kmbrlysue on 08/09/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited the end of May (owned 2.5 mos) & have 4000 miles on it. 30 city/38-43 hwy. So far, the only concerns I have are the paint quality and road noise. Hyundai offers a package for a coat of protectant for the paint & windows for almost $3000 more, which may have been nice to have purchased. My car has already had 3 dings from parked cars & it has chipped the paint. Concerning the road noise: it is smooth until hitting rough road or block chunks on the interstate. Another noise is on the roof when it rains. Sounds like water hitting tin. The sunroof cover helps w/noise.

i love my elantra!
By kstu_mn on 08/08/12 12:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

First time new car buyer and don't regret buying new at all. So far have put 2000 miles on it and averaging upper 30's for mpg. Fun to drive and I am a huge fan of both the interior and exterior design. Inver Grove Hyundai was very helpful in explaining all the features. The car doesn't have great acceleration but I am very pleased with everything else. Love this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*