2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: 7.2 L/100 Km, Not really

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

2013 Hyundai Elantra

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

7.2 L/100 Km, Not really
By richiray on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I am writing this review 'cause I am disappointed with my 2013 Elantra GLS. After driving for some weeks and going for three full tanks, I am not even close to the publicized 7.2 L/Km. I am getting between 8 and 9 L/100 km (city and highway combined). I drive very cautiously, never accelerate too aggressively or maintain the car idle for prolonged periods of time. I went to see the Hyundai dealer and they first mentioned that they could not do anything about it, that 9 L/100 Km was better than other drivers were getting. I had to push the dealership to do something and I they said that I needed to take the car for a road test and I needed to pay for the test. I accepted.

The dealership called me the day before for the appointment to cancel the road test. Instead they mentioned that I need to obtain mileage information for three full tanks and Hyundai will review the information and based on the info they will decide if anything at all needs to be done with the car. I know the fuel consumption is done under very controlled conditions, we can call it ideal conditions but 7.2 L/100 Km appear very misleading to the public, I bought the car only based on fuel consumption, they just need to put very fine print and then they do not need to worry about anything.

Consumers are left with a bad product. I urged Hyundai to increase the size of the fine print and to mention real life fuel consumptions. Based on that info, we the consumers can make better informed decisions.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review