2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
After 21K Miles Update
By jhunkins on 06/02/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Been 18 months since I bought this car for commuting. Have seen a large number of negative reviews about this car so I thought that an effort to balance the scale was in order. Is it the greatest ever?...No, but it is rock solid and does what it is supposed to do. My observations at the 20K mile point: - Gas mileage = never been below 32mpg regardless of driving habit, season, hills, etc. On freeway, it easily surpasses 40mpg. - Electronics = Stock sound system better than average and much better than the crappy JBL system in my wife's Highlander limited. - Road noise/bumps = Yes, it is noisy and you feel every bump but it is an economy car. Have not seen the issues presented here.

Badly worn rear tires, fishtailing and slipping since day 1
By ellegirl on 05/08/14 07:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

How do I get the dealership to acknowledge this issue? Both rear tires are extremely worn and cupping causing a deafening roar on the inside of the car. The rear slips and fishtails over bumps in the road (regardless of whether we are going 35 or 60 mph). I thought it was something we needed to get used to, but after much research we realize there is a serious issue. Finally took the car in yesterday to Rick Case Hyundai and the service tech told me it was normal because the rear axle is a solid fixed axle so it cannot be out of line and that the fishtailing/slipping is just because the car is lightweight. Rear tires are visibly pigeon towed and roll slightly inward.

Great car, I have certain dislikes
By rmasters2007 on 05/05/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Car has only (or exactly) what I need and wanted, and no unnecessary gimmicks (which I would have to pay for and which can brake). The design is what caught my eye first. Plus the great gas mileage. Interior has plenty of space for hips and shoulders. Comfortable seats. Drives nice, very responsive, very comfortable (for a car this class and way built).

Should have kept the 2007
By on_target on 04/23/14 06:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2007 Elantra with 140,000 mile and only minor problems. My daughter still drives it. 2013 Elantra has been terrible: 1) persistent rough idle 2) the bluetooth, time, radio stations and other electronic gadgets keep resetting almost daily and I have to re-enter everything 3) I lose power steering while backing up. The dealers both say there are no error codes reporting from the car and Hyundai keeps telling me to allow the dealers to handle it.

Very Pleased
By psjsms22 on 04/16/14 11:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I do not understand negative reviews about gas mileage! The LOWEST we have gotten is 32.5. We live in an extremely hilly area.....rural, lots of stops, starts, slow down for curves and accelerating on steep hills. On the hwy., we get over 38 mpg. We previously owned a Ford Focus and a Chevy Impala (which I hated!) and the Hyundai Elantra Limited is way above and beyond both vehicles. The ride is so much quieter and smoother. The features in the Limited surpass the Ford Focus by miles!

What is wrong with Hyundai?
By estateplanner on 04/09/14 17:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I recently bought an Elantra. Suddenly I notice that the horn is incredibly weak. The turn signal sound is almost inaudible and the panic button alarm is only effective if you're 5 feet from the car. I complained to Hyundai and they have given me a real run-around stating nothing but my neighbor has a Limited Elantra and he told me that he knew about the sound problems. I like the car but I never would have bought it if I had known. I traded in a 2009 Camry which was perfect.

2013 elantra bad rear axle
By rockkem on 04/07/14 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

they are replacing my rear axle for free. If I had rotated my tires like I should have I wouldn't have found out that my rear axle was bad. I had 1 rear tire with extremely odd wear, took it in and they found my axle was made very badly, had I rotated them like I should have, the wear would have been minimal and almost unnoticable on all 4 tires.

Pleasantry surprised!
By rlfeen on 04/02/14 12:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Don't believe everything you read. If you're interested in a car, go drive it for yourself - you may just be surprised. I had a 2013 Elantra as a rental for a week and after the week I fell in love. The car is very quiet, VERY smooth (smooth ride and steering) and the overall quality is excellent. I was worried about it being "underpowered" as some reviews have stated; however I find the power to be more than adequate (its no Porsche but it has great pick up). Yes the gas mileage isn't the best, but if that's not a huge deal for you, than this car is just fine. If you want good gas mileage, get a tiny car such as a Scion iQ or the even smaller Accent Hyundai offers.

I'm so sorry to buy this car
By georgewahba on 03/31/14 18:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Car acceleration is to bad and very slow. MPG is just 22 mpg. I had before camrey 1995, I was averaging 23 mpg . I regret to buy it.

What a dissappointment
By april_lynn on 03/25/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

At first we loved the car but noticed the MPG was not as described. The 1st month we had it the breaks had to be replaced because of a noise they made. Next the tires were horrible loud. After that it has gone down hill, the car shakes horrible at stop lights (while in gear) and we have had a knocking noise from the motor. Taking to the dealer several times we left with nothing done. Finally I recorded the sound and took it back where they said there was metal in my oil and they would replace the motor.. This was at 24,000 miles... New motor is now making the same noise (1,000miles later) Hyundai's answer swap motor out AGAIN. Is anyone else having these same issues???