2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Very comfortable and reliable, but kinda scary too.
By crowcanada on 02/06/15 10:29 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great value for money but not a great driver. Bought the car based on "bang-for-the-buck", perceived reliability, economy, and features. Scores on all those points (unlike others here, my dealer-maintained vehicle has had no problems at all.) Mileage is good but not what was advertised (a lot better than my '04 Mazda 3, though.) Defrosters - front and rear - are inadequate. Mirror and seat heaters are great. Only real problem is the handling. The rear end will "step out" when you hit bumps in turns (e.g. expansion joints in highway overpass). It will hop around even on straight-and-level driving over broken pavement. Overall, it's "twitchy". Wife wants it gone as a result.

2013 elantra bad rear axle
By rockkem on 04/07/14 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

they are replacing my rear axle for free. If I had rotated my tires like I should have I wouldn't have found out that my rear axle was bad. I had 1 rear tire with extremely odd wear, took it in and they found my axle was made very badly, had I rotated them like I should have, the wear would have been minimal and almost unnoticable on all 4 tires.

Very good car... Except....
By 1ply on 02/22/14 18:44 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for almost 7 months so far. At 16K miles the brakes started to make a strange noise, I thought that it must be due to the extreme cold temperatures we've been having. NOPE, at 17k miles I'm being told that my brakes need service, and guess what it's out of pocket! Never mind that this car is driven 80% highway with limited use of brakes (no heavy traffic). Dealer treats this as NORMAL. I've had a mazda3 which only needed brakes every 60Kmiles. At this rate I'll be changing brakes every 8 months! Very poor design Hyundai. You may have just lost a(nother) customer.