Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

I would not buy another Hyundai Elantra
By Derek

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car new in August of 2013 with 16 miles on the odometer. At 11,000 miles the driver's seat rail failed and had to be replaced under the warranty. Now at 20,000 miles the front driver's side ball bearings have failed, leaving me stranded on the side of the road. Road side assistance was amazing, but I found it very hard to get a Hyundai dealer to take the car. None of the dealers would offer me a courtesy car or rental. I had to find my own ride. The car is now fixed and back on the road, but needs a tire balance and alignment, which was affected during the repairs. The dealership said they are not responsible for this. My overall thoughts about the car, very sporty looking car, handles well, good gas mileage, reliable engine, I like the technology package, but very poor components aka powertrain and poor interior quality.

Me & My Elantra
By Daniel J. Andrews

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have put less than 25K miles on this car (which replaced a 2004 Sonata which was a great car!) since I bought it in Nov., 2012. But I am currently on what will be about a 2,500 to 3,000 mile road trip over a period of 12 days from Fla. to GA. to MI. to PA. and back to Fla. I have completed nearly 1,200 miles over the last few days. This is, without doubt, one of the best cars I have ever owned during my 74 years of life on this planet, including Fords, Mercurys, Oldsmobiles, Dodges, Plymouths and Chryslers! I loaded up my MP-3 player; selected a number of CDs I had not listened to in years; and confirmed that the XMRadio subscription was paid up; so I was good to go. What I did not expect was the +/- 40 MPG that I am realizing on the interstates at speeds averaging 70-75 MPH. I was also concerned that these old bones would not be able to withstand hours of driving, but that is no longer a concern as the seats are so adjustable and comfortable that I only need worry about my own "bony butt" in that regard. Spent nearly 13 hours on the road on Monday, July 12 and was none the worse for wear. Also had some serious rain around Knoxville and my Elantra performed beautifully under very adverse circumstances. All in all, I could ask for nothing better. There I only enough "technology" in the base vehicle that it is a help, rather than a hindrance as I must admit that I am technologically deficient. But for getting me from 25here to there, this is one of the best rides I have ever had!

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Do Not Buy
By sweenangel

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. The paint began to chip almost immediately followed by the steering wheel and gear shift. Then I got a flat tire and found that the car did not come with a spare tire. When I complained to Hyundai corporate I was told I should have reviewed the window sticker. Forgive me for assuming that the hole where the spare tire should be would contain a spare tire. The dealer did not point this out and they did not offer to sell me one. I hit a small pothole recently and the entire wheel cracked like it was made out of paper. The window sticker they chastised me for not reviewing carefully had incorrect gas mileage. Avoid at all costs.

None.

None. There is absolutely nothing they could do to get me to purchase another one of their vehicles.

Very Nice Car
By hvac999

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 in 2015 after looking into a Veloster. I found the Elantra to be the best bang for the buck. I have owned over 20 cars in my life and I feel the Elantra rate right at the top for all around buy. I bought the Limited with the Technology package and it is truly a small "luxury" car. Read the Edmunds review for all of the options and you will see it lacks little. I would give it a higher score on the fun to drive factor because I look for windy roads to drive. My car happens to be Hyundai Certified and that is what you should look for , just to be smart.My wife has a loaded hybrid Kia Optima and she enjoys driving the car as much as I do. Oh, the car was built in Alabama.

All for the Tech. Package goodies, fun to drive

power passenger seat

44 MPG @ 65MPH on #66
By R. Lee Earman

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Had a few problems but fixed under warrenty - really have no complaints.