Very good, but not excellent
By albertyoun on
2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I previously leased a 2010 Elantra GLS. Wow, the 2012 Elantra Limited is a huge improvement. I shopped around, and did my research. There is no better car available for $23k. I liked the styling of the Mazda3 but the ride is terrible. (Who cares about "handling" when that Mazda rattles your teeth on smooth pavement?) If you want a compact car with leather, nav, and a backup camera (essential features for me), then this is your car.
Favorite Features
+ The exterior styling. I love looking at my 2012 Elantra. + The navigation system is responsive and well-designed. Also, there is no cyber nanny: You or your passenger can utilize the navigation system while in motion. + The cabin feels very refined for a compact car. + The trunk has good space. I'm glad that they excluded that spare tire for the sake of more space and light curb weight. I live in a big city, and l'll call Hyundai's free roadside assistance if I get a flat. + Mileage is good. Moderate acceleration in city driving = 30 mpg for me. + The car smells great with leather.
Suggested Improvements
Here are the things that I don't like: - The glove box doesn't open properly. I have to give it hard push before it opens fully. - My driver's seat makes this ticking/squeaking noise when I put pressure on certain areas. This is some problem with the build quality. The seat adjustments all work, but when I lean against or lean forward, there is some annoying ticking noise that indicates some chafing parts in the seat. - The tilt of the navigation system could be optimized. It has a slight upward tilt. It's not bad, but it could be better. - The backup camera colors should be optimized. At night, the colors are overexposed. Everything looks too whitish.
By okcthunder1
on 10/08/11 09:52 AM (PDT)

I couldn't agree more with your comment on handling; the road conditions where I live are such that handling has to take a back seat to ride comfort. So how is your car on the highway? Much wind and/or road noise? Maybe your dealer could take a look at the noisy seat; that would be annoying to me as well!