2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: So far, so good.

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

So far, so good.
By topperman on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this Elantra over 2 years ago and have about 47k miles on it now. I have not experienced any of the mechanical or noise problems described in other reviews. The original tires were bad (noisy) and I replaced them after 40K. As far as gas mileage, I have found that there is a huge discrepancy in mileage depending on many factors: speed, outside temperature, wind, vehicle load. and terrain. I have found that headwinds or sidewinds will affect mpg up to 5 or 6. I probably average 35 mpg hwy and 28-30 city. Under optimum conditions I have consistently achieved 36-38 hwy. Would I buy another Hyundai? Maybe. Next time I'll go into something a little bigger. I am over 6'.

Bluetooth, self dimming mirror, overall performance. Certainly not a sports car but works well in freeway traffic.

Better OEM tires, spare tire (I did buy one.)
By idealcarforme
on 05/22/14 20:44 PM (PDT)

The one we're looking at buying has "Goodride" tires. HAHA They're brand new, the dealer even showed us what they paid for them, about $62 each. I would rather have the money back and go get some better tires. I have to give them props for trying, I guess.