Ive had my 2012 Elantra for 2 weeks
By davidh11 on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Barely a month since I bought my '12 Elantra w/30K mi and so far so good. I hear all the complaints about gas mileage but so far I have no problem averaging combined 33 mpg. which is great for me considering my Pathfinder only got 16/21 mpg. I put on custom rims and a better quality tire which seems to have helped a bit w/ road noise. So far only complaint I really have is the ride is a bit stiff and there's no spare tire. I bought my Elantra for $14k out the door so for the design and features you cant really beat it for the price....Remeber, you cant expect a $14k car to drive like a Mercedes. You get what you pay for, folks. I'll follow up in a few months..
Favorite Features
Styling, features, engine has good power (with eco turned off) for a 4 cyl.
Suggested Improvements
Ride could be softer. How about a spare tire next time around?
By davidh11
on 06/05/14 16:51 PM (PDT)

To be more specific, I got my 2012 Elantra for $14K out the door with $1000 down at a Hyundai dealership in Florida..

By comsumer
on 05/31/14 05:32 AM (PDT)

To my fellow Elantra owner...Have to admit the same deal (but did sell my 97' Nissan Sentra 122,300 miles for $1200...making my deal feel even sweeter)...about same mileage also...same comments...best part also I have the remainder of the warranty intact. To those looking keep an eye out...I lost my first Elantra deal by 1 day. To the person searching...Just check with all local dealers

By idealcarforme
on 05/22/14 20:40 PM (PDT)

I'd like to know where you got a GLS for $14K out the door. Private seller? We're looking at one with 29K miles and OTD about $16.5K is what they've offered. It's "Certified", has brand new Goodride?!! tires, and really did seem the closest-to-new of any used car we've seen in that price range. It's a fair number on KBB, but I'd like to find at least one or two more so we can haggle better. Without another similar deal nearby, we're hamstrung on the negotiation.