2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Overall a Great Value for the

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Overall a Great Value for the Money
By daveinnm1 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2012 Elantra GLS about 3 months ago and so far the car has been great.
My main reason for buying this car was to save in gas as I routinely drive a 100-mile one-way trip for business.
I know many have complained about the gas mileage.
If you're gauging use based on the on-board computer readings, it's not always an accurate indicator, particularly if you get caught in a lot of traffic.
Driving alone I average 43 mpg on the hi-way driving just over 70 mph.
Obviously in town it's much lower, but it exceeds my needs.
I really did like the Focus, but to get all of the options I got with the Hyundai, I would have paid another $6K and it just wasn't worth the extra money

Unbelievable features for the price; auto trans, cruise control, satellite stereo, blue-tooth, fog lights, alloy wheels, all for less than $17K. Good looks, sporty handling, it's highly rated and its value can't be beat. The warranty is one of the best available. It gets great gas mileage and I received excellent customer service from my Hyundai dealer. Hyundai's reliability and overall quality have significantly improved over the past few years. They even guarantee resale value. At least give them a look before you decide.

Road noise can be excessive at times. Feels a little underpowered when climbing hills, but then it is an econo-box, So for me the 40+ mpg I get on the highway is a very acceptable compromise for the decrease in horsepower I experience as compared to my V-8 pickup...which sets in the garage a lot more often these days.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review