Overall a Great Value for the Money
By daveinnm1 on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased the 2012 Elantra GLS about 3 months ago and so far the car has been great. My main reason for buying this car was to save in gas as I routinely drive a 100-mile one-way trip for business. I know many have complained about the gas mileage. If you're gauging use based on the on-board computer readings, it's not always an accurate indicator, particularly if you get caught in a lot of traffic. Driving alone I average 43 mpg on the hi-way driving just over 70 mph. Obviously in town it's much lower, but it exceeds my needs. I really did like the Focus, but to get all of the options I got with the Hyundai, I would have paid another $6K and it just wasn't worth the extra money
Favorite Features
Unbelievable features for the price; auto trans, cruise control, satellite stereo, blue-tooth, fog lights, alloy wheels, all for less than $17K. Good looks, sporty handling, it's highly rated and its value can't be beat. The warranty is one of the best available. It gets great gas mileage and I received excellent customer service from my Hyundai dealer. Hyundai's reliability and overall quality have significantly improved over the past few years. They even guarantee resale value. At least give them a look before you decide.
Suggested Improvements
Road noise can be excessive at times. Feels a little underpowered when climbing hills, but then it is an econo-box, So for me the 40+ mpg I get on the highway is a very acceptable compromise for the decrease in horsepower I experience as compared to my V-8 pickup...which sets in the garage a lot more often these days.