2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: My first new car! and I LOVE I

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

My first new car! and I LOVE IT!
By drewberry on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2012 Elantra GLS with preferred package last night. This car has gone beyond my expectations. I wanted to get the Limited with a sunroof but my money couldn't stretch as far as I wanted it to. So I guess I will get a sunroof put on it later or trade this one in the next 2-3 yrs for one that has one. Anyway, the Elantra actually has pep in its step don't let the 148 hp and 131 torque fool you. Already in one day I have acheived 42 mpg and I tend to have lead foot. That's saying a lot! My beige interior is phenomenal and the red allure exterior color is so crisp and shiny. The elantra gls' technology and safety puts all other compacts to shame except for cruze and focus.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the comfortable seats, amazing factory audio system, cool, easy-to-read gauges, love the multi-functional trip computer, blue interior lighting at night, neat hvac buttons, exterior styling, gas mileage, bluetooth and steerig wheel audio controls.

Suggested Improvements

power seats, auto up/down for all windows, add sunroof to gls preferred package, add a few more hp at least to 160, tighten up suspension a little bit more