Love it
By cf4e on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I have owned my 2012 Elantra for about a year and a half. I have just short of 18,000 miles on it. I bought this car mainly for it's looks and gas mileage. It doesn't disappoint in either category. I have averaged 32.5 mpg between city and hwy driving, but i'm also an enthusiastic driver. I have found the econo mode makes about a 2 mpg difference when it's turned off. I have achieved 40 mpg on the highway with econo mode on.The car is a bit for fun to drive with it turned off. Only 1 minor problem. On long trips of 1000 miles or more, I will stop at a rest stop in the middle of the trip and when I get back in the cruise will stop working for 20-30 miles - then start working again.
Favorite Features
Style, gas mileage, warranty
Suggested Improvements
more compliant shocks. The car rides fine until it gets on broken roads, then it jumps around a bit. I never feel unsafe in it though
By tedtlaw
on 11/10/13 12:11 PM (PST)

Owned this car for 2 years and had to replace both rear shocks in addition the dealer could never get the steering working properly. I believe it to be an engineering flaw. The front suspension started thumping and in general this car got to be one of the worst cars we have owned.