2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Look in the trunk!

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Look in the trunk!
By cjj71 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I really was a fan of my '12 Elantra since I purchased. No, I have not been able to get close to the mileage stated on sticker but I don't put a lot of mile on my car and they are mostly city miles. I liked the "extras" heated seats, XM, blue-tooth. Price was good compared to other cars in same class.("Get what you pay for") NOW this is why I am not a fan anymore...I recently got a flat tire (in Feb. in very cold NH) luckily I was close to enough to make it to work before it went completely flat!) well upon opening the trunk to get the spare and jack I found NEITHER!!! There is a small air pump. I called my auto dealer to find out the Elantra does not come with a spare tire or a jack!!!

Who looks to see if jack and spare are in the trunk before you sign the papers?? (Well I will now along with EVERY person I know) So please keep in mind that when they put that great MPG sticker on the window it is calculated with out the weight of basic safety items such as a spare tire and jack. I am very lucky I was not stuck on the side of the road at the time of my flat, even with roadside assistance I do not get cell service every where I go. Very disappointed in Hyundai and am making sure people are aware of the cost cutting practices of the company. BTW: I was told by the dealer I could order the pair for $250. I think I will put that toward a new car in the near future.
By bigjohn23
on 01/16/15 05:51 AM (PST)

Did he seriously just write that comment...? So you buy a brand new car and you do not check if there is a spare tire...later down the road you need a spare tire and there is none. It is totally your fault and you come here to put a bad review. lol common. It is like the other one who said the Elantra were not good in the snow. No wonder... the curb's weight is about 27000 lbs, what did you expect? You need to check everything before buying a car and complaint about it. I bought a Suzuki Kizashi 2 years ago and I checked everything (40 000 km later not even a single problem).

By davidh11
on 06/24/14 11:46 AM (PDT)

From reading your review youre basically giving this car only 2 1/2 stars because of no spare tire.. Not a very objective review.