Look in the trunk!
By cjj71 on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I really was a fan of my '12 Elantra since I purchased. No, I have not been able to get close to the mileage stated on sticker but I don't put a lot of mile on my car and they are mostly city miles. I liked the "extras" heated seats, XM, blue-tooth. Price was good compared to other cars in same class.("Get what you pay for") NOW this is why I am not a fan anymore...I recently got a flat tire (in Feb. in very cold NH) luckily I was close to enough to make it to work before it went completely flat!) well upon opening the trunk to get the spare and jack I found NEITHER!!! There is a small air pump. I called my auto dealer to find out the Elantra does not come with a spare tire or a jack!!!
Suggested Improvements
Who looks to see if jack and spare are in the trunk before you sign the papers?? (Well I will now along with EVERY person I know) So please keep in mind that when they put that great MPG sticker on the window it is calculated with out the weight of basic safety items such as a spare tire and jack. I am very lucky I was not stuck on the side of the road at the time of my flat, even with roadside assistance I do not get cell service every where I go. Very disappointed in Hyundai and am making sure people are aware of the cost cutting practices of the company. BTW: I was told by the dealer I could order the pair for $250. I think I will put that toward a new car in the near future.
By davidh11
on 06/24/14 11:46 AM (PDT)

From reading your review youre basically giving this car only 2 1/2 stars because of no spare tire.. Not a very objective review.