It's OK!?!?!?!
By altima2 on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased my elantra on 9-3-11. My first impression was the car looked sharp and the price was reasonable. I test drove the elantra and it it seemed ok especially with the high gas mileage. However, after driving it for a long drive, the seats are uncomfortable and there is a lot of road noise. The mpg is 35 which seems to be accurate. If I could do it again, I would not have purchased the elantra. If anyone is looking to buy mine let me know!
Favorite Features
MPG and reasonable price.
Suggested Improvements
Better suspension, better cushions in the seats, and better road noise dampening.
By litesong2
on 10/24/11 19:57 PM (PDT)

If you were worrying about mpg, you should have gotten the 6sp. manual. Manuals, almost universally give better mpg than automatics, despite what the EPA ratings state. One fella, who did get the automatic, later traded in his automatic Elantra for a manual Elantra. His mpg went up by 3 mpg. My hi mpg cars, which have always been manuals (except for one CVT), have averaged 31mpg in 1973, 42mpg(no diesel) in 1980, 36 mpg in 1987, 45mpg in 1990(no diesel or hybrid), & my CVT 2007 Caliber which averages 31mpg.

By adam22gil
on 09/13/11 20:38 PM (PDT)

I might be interested, email me at adamgilbert22@hotmail.com, I guess for starters what state you are, thanks -adam