Great Value
By jesse_tn on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
This car is a great value just loaded with features and feels like a class above what it is. I've had only for a week but I have found it to be smooth, responsive, quiet and really great gas mileage. It has very good transmission. I love the way the car looks inside and out especially the instrumentation at night. I looked at many different cars and I simply could not come close to what this car offered at such a great price. Outward rear visibility could be a bit better but seems fine overall.
Favorite Features
XM, Bluetooth, multi trip functions, Ipod integration and USB, the drive, looks and gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Visibility in the rear quarters.
By jesse_tn
on 04/24/12 18:24 PM (PDT)

Have 2000 miles now and mileage with almost all city driving is right at 30 which I'm very pleased with. That is by calculation and not the readout which shows about 32. But 30 for city is good for me. No complaints with the 6spd auto transmission but I really miss having a manual. Wish more car companies would pair manual transmission with their upper models and not just the base.

By jesse_tn
on 03/04/13 21:29 PM (PST)

At 8500 miles now. Had some paint fade in front right quarter panel repaired by dealer. Also fixed the wiper relay so wipers are silent and smooth again. No other issues. Gas mileage still about 28 city to high 30's on highway. Seats are comfortable. Quiet and smooth ride overall. Suprised by some of the negative comments on here. Just not my experience though my mileage is still pretty low in comparison. Do most of my commuting with my Tacoma.

By jesse_tn
on 08/02/12 16:55 PM (PDT)

At 4000 miles now, getting 32mpg with almost all city driving (again by calculation). Have noticed unusal wear on drivers seat with fuzz from getting in and out of the car. Can't ever recall anything like that on any car I have ever had. Also my windshield wipers make loud click on every cycle which I suspect is a bad relay. Will fix in near future. Overall my opinion of the car keeps improving the longer I have it. This is my first auto trans car in many years but it has really grown on me and I find i like the smooth shifts and power is more than adequete in all situations.