Great Econo Transportation AND FUN to drive!
By fl_lead_foot on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I'm replacing an '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which we loved except for the 20K miles per year at an average of 18MPG! When I first saw the new Hyundai Sonata & Elantra "twins" I was near a MB dealer and knew what the "new" 580s looked like. I saw a Sonata and thought, gee, I've not read that MB brought back the 190, then I saw the H badge. I've never owned a Hyundai (and have to think about spelling it), BUT when I saw their new styling and read the rave reviews, I thought, self, the Jeep must go! Granted, this is NOT my driver, it is my wife's daily driver ... BUT ... I DO commandeer it on the weekends! Gas mileage is great, ride is great, driving experience is great ... car is great!
Favorite Features
Style, Style, Style Both inside and out, Hyundai hit a home rune (well copied another batters form), but still executed the hit. The sweeping lines makes the car look fast, sitting still. Graceful, elegant, sexy! The rear sloping roof line that supposedly causes "headroom challenges" in the rear seat. doesn't come close to a mere average guy's head. And his knees come nowhere close to the front seats. The mileage is like the old US Army saying, "Be all you can be", and it is. If I behave in ECO mode on the highway and stick to the POSTED speed limits, I can hit the 40MPG ... a BIG IF! In reality, @38MPG, but that's with three people in the car. The dash layout is beautiful.
Suggested Improvements
SPARE TIRE, SPARE TIRE, SPARE TIRE I've PURCHASED a spare tire. 4A on I95 in rural SC is no place to be without a spare!