2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: GO BUY THIS CAR!!!!

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

GO BUY THIS CAR!!!!
By mynewcar7 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Let me talk about fuel economy.
I've read other reviews that bash this car's actual MPG's.
Well, no car is a miracle car (not yet).
When they rate this at 29 city / 40 highway, those are peak averages in very selective circumstances.
This is nothing new, every single car on the market does this.
What is amazing is that I DO average (combined city/highway) around 30-32 mpg per tank.
And yes, this car will do 40 mpg on the highway, I've even gotten it up to 45 mpg on flat surfaces, @60mph with cruise & no AC on.

This car is nothing short of amazing.
Test drove them all, this one is in a class by itself.
Definitely worth a look.
I've owned it for about 7 months now with 12,000 miles.

MPG!!!! The Bluetooth is a great feature, and works really well (minus 1 point, see improvements). People who have bashed this probably have a phone that doesn't work well with Bluetooth in general (I know because this used to be me!). Interior design is really great, especially at night with the different colored blue and red gauges. Fog lights are a must! Drives well, and has plenty of pep for a car that is so good on gas. I'm 6'2" and don't feel cramped at all. I even have plenty of headroom. An adult has enough room to sit behind me in this car, even with my seat set at my normal position. Active Eco is good and does save fuel, but is no substitution for good driving habits.

This is my first car with the slanted windshield. It takes some getting used to. You now have peripheral blind spots to your left and right front because of how the windshield slopes. All new cars are like this to be more aerodynamic so I guess I can't be too critical. Bluetooth takes about 90 seconds to download contacts list every time you restart the car. Wish that it would just store this stuff internally. Yes, this car does blow around a little in strong wind because it is light. Others have mentioned this, but get used to it. You wanted high MPG. You can't have it both ways.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mynewcar7
on 02/26/12 09:27 AM (PST)

Wow, I had no idea. Thank you!

By cdavidhess
on 02/22/12 12:12 PM (PST)

The unit does store your phone book. There is a setting in the setup menu where you can turn off the option to update your contacts every time you pair your phone.