Fun, comfortable,well-equipped;seems like good value
By f800 on
2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I never gave Hyundai a second look - I made jokes about the brand and assumed it was junk that wouldn't be worth throwing away after a couple of years. When I got a new job that required a lengthy commute, I needed an econo-box that I could wear out and that wouldn't take too much maintenance and fuel. I saw the Elantra mentioned in Edmunds'recommendations and gave it a bit of a look on the web just to feel like I was doing 'due diligence'. Three days of research, and I was driving a 2012 Elentra on my commute. The list of standard equipment in this car is remarkable. The dealer earned my business. It's comfortable and the warranty impressed me. I enjoy my car.
Favorite Features
The touch screen on the NAV system is easy to use and intuitive, the rear view camera is clear and definitely a useful feature, the upgraded sound sytem has decent bass, XMWeather is a nice, uncommon feature, and the keyless ignition is a nice convenience.
Suggested Improvements
The car is very well equipped and feature rich. You have to look a bit for improvements, but it isn't perfect. I haven't seen any other mention of this, but the headlights don't have as much throw as they could. They aren't bad, but they could be better. Also, if they are going to illuminate the window switches at night, they should illuminate the lock/unlock switch.