2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Dont buy this car

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS PZEV Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Dont buy this car
By lysandra25 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

1. lied about mpg 2. 6,000 miles in my car started electronically malfunctioning, would get stuck in park/drive, would not turn off!!) 3. took it 4 times to the dealership over same issue....they claim its a loose wire from when it was built??? 4. this is a brand new car, not suppose to be happening. 5. spoke to hyundai and would not do anything to help out but offer a goodwill gesture? yeah thats what my warranty was for .... 6. car slips ALOT....highway and bumps, makes it feel very unsafe 7. not to mention no spare kit..you have to pay 400$ for the kit if you want it, unreal 8. moral of the story is i traded this crap in for a toyota 2013 corolla S and its BETTER.

interior is nice and exterior

mechanical, suspension, how about a spare tire kit?
By jmiller51
on 04/23/13 16:27 PM (PDT)

Lysandra25 - Do you know what causes the 'slipping'? I have a 2012 Elantra with less than 15,000 miles on it and a couple weeks ago it started the slip thing. It's intermittent though and I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is or what causes it. Figure I'm going to have to take it to the dealer this weekend before it quits completely. Anyway, if you have found out what it is, would really appreciate any info!