2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Car Failure with only 8 miles

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

Car Failure with only 8 miles
By ten29811 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I was very excited to drive off in my new Elantra 2012 with only 8 miles on the engine. The joy went away as an engine light went on the day after purchase. Took the car back to the dealer only to have them say all is good. The engine ran rough and would almost stall at times. The car has been at the dealer for over a week and I was told that they don't know what the problem is and the engineer from Hyundia will need to determine the problem. Needless to say I am not pleased with my first Elantra. To think I decided not to buy another Toyota due to all the great reviews.

I love the looks and power the engine has considering the great MPG. The interior styling is nice to look at and looks like solid car inside.

Make sure the car runs well before the dealer puts it out on the lot for sale.
By ten29811
on 04/05/12 17:37 PM (PDT)

Update: After Hyundai having my car for about two weeks they have solved the problem. It was a bad spark plug and once replaced the car runs great. Overall, now the the problem is fixed I do really love my car.