2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: 2012 Elantra Limited - Fantast

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

2012 Elantra Limited - Fantastic Value
By mrbill1950 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2006 Caddy STS (the money pit) last Friday for a 2012 Elantra Limited with all the bells and whistles.

Things I love: push button start; nav system; great radio with XM, backup camera, etc.
All the things that made the Caddy special are here in the Elantra.
What's missing - climate control AC, power seats.
I can live without both.
The one thing that bothers me - when I opened the trunk and lifted the floor I found NO SPARE TIRE - just a compressor and a bottle of tire sealant.
This I'm not happy about.
The car drives well, and I don't think that there's anymore road noise than in the Caddy.
Nice peppy engine, great brakes, but rather numb steering.

keyless entry, smart key, nav system, backup camera, great brakes and peppy engine.

Let's add climate controlled AC/heat and put a spare tire in the trunk - not just a compressor. Power seats would be nice too. I know it's a compact and all of the above are available in a Sonata, but I like the size of the Elantra - It's all I really need.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By rt129
on 11/04/11 20:00 PM (PDT)

Mrbill1950, Most new cars are doing away with the spare tire to save on weight (better fuel economy). The space is cut-out so you can buy a spare and plop it in. Good luck with your Limited. I recently picked up my '12 Elantra Limited (it's my fourth Elantra and by far the best).