12000 miles fo far and very happy with my Elantra
By grandsportc3 on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
Bought my 2012 Elantra last November and already put 12000 miles on it (trips from Florida to New York and from Florida to Mexico) and the car has been very fuel efficient and reliable. I had ZERO problems with the car and I'm getting an average of 39 mpg (mostly highway). The only time that I got worse gas mileage was when driving with 3 persons, a dog and lugguage to New York and to Mexico.. The extra weight dropped the gas mileage by about 3 - 4 mpg.. I really love the looks of the car, inside and out.. I don't know what other reviewers are talking about when they mention that the engine is noisy.. At 70mph cruising, I can't even hear the engine...
Favorite Features
exterior and interior design, interior room (feels like a larger car with plenty of leg room for rear seat passengers (unless you move the front seat all the way to the back). With my normal seat position for driving, even persons with longer legs will be comfortable in the back seats. Ride comfort is great. The suspension has a good balance of comfort and handling. Not too soft, not too stiff. 6-speed manual transmission feels great.
Suggested Improvements
AC vents in the center are positioned too low. They blow at the drivers hand instaed of the drivers face. My mpg display in the trip information center is inaccurate. It's off by 2 - 3 mpg (shows high) Rear head room is limited.. Might be too low for taller passengers.